
I am interested in the experience of place. This series of photographs examine the domestic aspects of mine and my immediate family’s life, home, and travels. In making this work, some questions that run through my mind, include: What constitutes home? Is home a mental state or a physical place? Are we destined to be in a perpetual wanderlust physically? Mentally? And if so, what does this mean? The passing of a loved one has raised many of these questions. I have been using some of her personal possessions, in addition to found objects, as memento moris (latin for “remember you are mortal). “Shui” was an avid bird watcher and naturalist. These photograph are made in her honor and legacy.
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Another Sneak Peek of My Upcoming Show
Dennis DeHart, Pigment Print, 16"x20," Printed on 17"x22" Photo Rag, 2008.
Price: $750.00 Edition of 10
When I see you, I will show you our road…..
New Photographic works by Dennis DeHart
Price: $600.00 Edition of 15
Show opens at Studio Hart on March 25-May 4, 2008. Opening reception, Friday, March 28, from 5-7pm. Located at 65 Allen Street, Buffalo, NY. Gallery Hours, Tuesday-Saturday 10:30pm -2pm
Posted by
Unknown
at
3/06/2008 09:48:00 AM
Labels: Upcoming Shows (DeHart's)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment