A few weeks back, I was invited to do some jurying for Lightwork in Syracuse, NY. It was an honor to be involved with Lightwork in the process of giving away money/support to artists. I juried with artist in residence Cristina Fraire, from Argentina, and John Clark Mayden, from Baltimore, MD. The process was insightful, both for me as an artist and a professional. Christina and John were great jurors, and I enjoyed working with them. The whole experience allowed me insight into the challenges of being a juror and also the high standards that Lightwork maintains in its professionalism of selecting artist. The process also gave me insight into my own subjectivity. For example, I was quite surprised by some of the work I was advocating for, and it was interesting to gain insights into my own biases and predilictions.
If you get a chance, make sure to check out Blake Fitch's show, Expectations of Adolescence, currently up in the Lightwork gallery.
Michael Jang: JANG
1 day ago
1 comment:
NICE Blog :)
Post a Comment