Wednesday, April 2, 2008

King of the World

While I was working on my newest body of work over the summer of 2007, I took this photo in the attic of our apartment. I was excited when I first took the picture, though eventually it ended up on the cutting room floor for a number of reasons.

Dennis DeHart, Pigment Print, 2007

While personally I am not much of a boxing fan, my long time friend Amy Bower loves it. She has been obsessed with boxing as long as I have known her and is particularly big fan of Muhammed Ali. She gave me a book a few year s back entitled "King of the World: Muhammed Ali and the Rise of an American Hero," by David Remnick. Even if you are not interested in boxing, read this book. It will forever change the way you see boxing and Ali.

"King of the World: Muhammed Ali and the Rise of an American Hero," by David Remnick.

No comments: