This is a recent e-mail from Liz Lee. Her book is very smart and poignant. Check it out.
As some of you know, my monograph - Grassroots (the shun series) - is being produced by Booksmart Studios in Rochester, New York. We had a "sneak preview" at the Society for Photographic Education conference in Denver last March, but the actual launch will take place sometime in the future in Rochester with an accompanying exhibition - but unfortunately, at this time I do not know when. The producers at Booksmart have been facing enormous challenges getting paper from the contracted vendor, so the owner of the Studio is in Germany right now trying to negotiate with another manufacturer. Until the paper is secured, the book cannot be published.
So I decided to modify the book and self-publish it as well at Blurb.com. This version is much smaller, the paper of much lesser quality, the text formatting is different, it does not have a transparent overlay introduction, is not bound in silk and will not be registered with the Library of Congress - as the Booksmart publication will be - BUT it is only $68.00 (unlike the limited edition production by Booksmart which will create 75 one of a kind, hand-bound, museum quality, fine art books - andeach will come with the whopping price tag of $625.00 - so basically it is intended for institutions and book collectors, not individuals). Even when the Booksmart project is complete, I do not expect that any of you have $600 burning a hole in your pocket to buy a book - maybe even $68.00 is too high (the Blurb price is determined by the size and page numbers and the cost determined by the "publisher") - but I thought I would let you know about it if you would like a copy as I do want to share it with family and friends - and the world - especially to get you all thinking about the "language" that will be used by the next US Administration. It can be found and previewed at:
"http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/327322"
If you enjoy it, please tell others, and help spread the "propaganda" (a seductive hint to "promote").
Liz
No comments:
Post a Comment