Last week I had a gentleman named Don Allen, from Lewiston, Idaho, ask me if I would help him out. He then proceeded to show me a pile of information including photographs, maps, and photo copies of books from England and India. Don explained to me that he was interested in finding missing and dead people through the use of photographs and a dowsing pendulum. At one point, Don pulled out an old photograph of his deceased mother, from perhaps the 1920's, and demonstrated how the pendulum interpreted his mothers status in the world.
What Don needed from me was to have prints made that would respond to the pendulum. Scientifically, I realized that it was the silver in the paper that was causing the pendulum to move. Don had had digital and machine copies made of various photographs, but only photographs containing actual silver in the images work.
A Silver print made by contact printing a color photo, and then recontact printing (for a positive) of a missing boy. Photo provided by Don Allen.
Another silver print of a dead women (it was written on the back the location of where she was found dead) Photo provided by Don Allen. You can see the hand written text bleeding through the image.
In his own unique way, Don understands that the physical properties in the paper are what cause the pendulum to swing. Equally, he is passionate by his theory and research, and this minor, physical fact seems of little concern to him. What Don is focused on is the larger matter at hand; that of finding missing and dead people.
Yesterday Don came by and picked up the prints I made for him on silver paper. The prints were made from machine prints (there were no negatives) by contacting printing the images in the darkroom and then contacting the paper negative into another positive. Sure enough when he tested the silver prints, the pendulum worked and Don was satisfied, though he needed to return to Lewiston in order to gather another map.
I wish Don luck in his research and am glad I was able to help him out.
A handout Don had with him that I asked to have.



1 comment:
This is very interesting! very cool you posted it.
Post a Comment