South end of Central Park.
Was in NYC for CAA to do work for the University. Spent lots of time wandering around midtown in the evening (one of my favorite things to do in Manhattan) eating good food, doing interviews for the WSU Art Department foundations search, and hanging with my fabulous colleagues.
On the roof of a friends apartment on 37th.
While I didn't have a lot of time to see art, I did visit the exhibit, The Shaping of New Visions: Photography, Film, Photobook at the Museum of Modern Art. Unfortunately I missed the book signing for Sharon Harper at ICP. Instead I enjoyed having Greek food in Hell's Kitchen with my colleague Io Palmer and her family, including NYC photographer Stan Honda www.stanhonda.com. I did manage to visit the ICP bookstore the next day, though I could have spent many more hours.
Midtown across from the MOMA
Had Ethiopian food for lunch with artist my colleague Michelle Forsyth and her friend Damian Catera. Michelle's show Letters to Kevin just closed in Brooklyn and she has a solo show opening next week in Manhattan. Damian recently performed in the Whitney Biennial with artist Latoya Frazier, who he says is amazing! Here is a link he sent me. http://vimeo.com/39481979



No comments:
Post a Comment