I usually don't pay a huge amount of attention to who is in the Whitney Biennial, though probably like everyone else, I secretly pine to be "discovered" one day. I usually skim the names of the participant and feel good about myself if I recognize a few. The other day I was both surprised and excited to see that the The Voluptuous Horror of Karen Black is performing this year in the Biennial.
I first saw them in Seattle around 1995 at Moes (the first one) with my fellow bike courier, Marlena Dietrich fan extraordinaire, Adrienne. Adrienne was king queen of the Seattle couriers in the mid 90's, and invited me to what he considered simply the coolest performance art/ rock band in the universe. This was a long time ago, but I have to say, that it was one of the most memorable performances/music that I have seen. Of course all of this was before I went to graduate school and was properly socialized as as artist, and what constitutes good taste, so don't trust my word. Just check them out if you can. Their recorded music just does not do them justice.
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
The Voluptuous Horror of Karen Black at the Whitney
Posted by
Unknown
at
3/12/2008 04:25:00 PM
Labels: artist exhibits
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment